Discover Your Potential
careers at Atwell
join us today
the right place for you
The Atwell Centre relies on the dedication, time, and commitment of volunteers. We welcome any and all individuals who share our philosophy and commitment to offer loving, confidential, nonjudgmental support to those who are pregnant or think they may be pregnant.
There are many ways to volunteer at Atwell and support the women and Men who rely on our services. We look forward to sharing more about our volunteer program, needs, and training.
We do not have any Current Job Postings at this time
Positions Open Currently
Atwell Centre: Pregnancy Options Support (Atwell) is a pregnancy care centre located in downtown Hamilton and Halton. We provide education, caring support and give practical assistance to women and their partners as they face important decisions about their unplanned pregnancy and sexual integrity. Our services consist of pregnancy options counseling, post abortion recovery workshops, post adoption grief counseling, male mentoring, a clothing room for maternity and children’s clothing, and a community educational program, S.H.A.R.E. Atwell offers an environment where people make a difference in the lives of women, men, families, and students in our community.
Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the Executive Director in donor relations. Our Executive Director is also known as our Chief Fundraising Officer or Chief Invitation Officer and needs assistance in all things donor relations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES:
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Principle, Statement of Faith, and Policies of the Centre
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible
Donor Support (40%)
- Assists Executive Director with day-to-day donor care; which includes but it is not limited to individuals, community partners, businesses, and politicians.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling donor meetings, teleconferences, and travel.
- Documents and records all meetings and discussions of the Executive Director, developing a filing and retrieval system to provide historical reference
- Prepares documents, reports, and materials for all meetings the ED is involved in.
- Provide reports and analytics on donor participation to the ED as required.
- Ensure consistent accuracy for each donor profile.
Donor Communications (20%)
- Support ED with writing and implementing all donor communications.
- Monthly donor emails
- Direct Mailers
- Communication with Ambassadors (Churches)
- Thank You Cards
- Other Communication as required.
Donor Finance (10%)
- Process monthly EFT donor transactions
- Follow up with lapsed donors.
- Process any incoming donations over the phone, or by mail, including and not limited to writing deposit forms
- Process tax receipts with the finance department
- Input donor data from exterior financial sources (PayPal, Square, Race Roster, Benevity, etc.)
- Support ED in all fundraising efforts. Attending to all minor administrative details and ensuring that the ED is confident with the process and progress of all fundraising events.
Public Relations (5%)
- Attends all community engagements with the ED and represents the centre with professionalism and Christ-like compassion.
Professional Development (5%)
- Attends educational events and accesses a variety of educational resources to increase knowledge and competency related ED support and donor care.
- Pursues ongoing development of competencies in providing ED support.
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of Christian ministry, communications, organization, and data management. University Degree or College Diploma in communications, business, or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer, advanced knowledge and use of databases, internet and email fundamentals using Outlook/Exchange, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Part-Time: 24 hours a week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: $24,000 – $25,500